Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wisdom or not.

I'm gonna be talking bout my wisdom tooth!!!

I had my wisdom tooth surgery done today. It had me groaning in pain for the past 3 days!
Finally I managed to get a forced-in appointment with Dr.Kuang at Toa Payoh NTUC Denticare today.
A really great and caring Doctor!!! Every 5-10mins he would stop and ask me if everything's alright..
And he would console me, as I was crying like mad! He would give encouraging words like,
"You're doing very well!". :) Really caring.. glad my surgery was done by him.

I had my bottom and top left side wisdom tooth removed on the same day.
Top was normal extraction, and surgery was done only for the bottom one. That hurt big time!
I had local anesthesia injection to numb the whole area. Doctor said my wisdom tooth was impacted
and was pressing onto a nerve which causes so much pain and sore in my mouth.
And during the surgery, there might be a 2% chance that I might get temporary numbness in my bottom lips.

He showed me my x-ray and told me his plan for the surgery and told me the after-effects of the surgery.
The whole surgery took about an hour.. 15mins before that was for the injection and scaling/polishing.
I requested to listen to my music while he did the whole process from cleaning of teeth to surgery.
I really really hate the sound of the dental equipment.

The total surgery cost $588, and it was paid by medisave.
The normal extraction of the top wisdom tooth cost $100.
The scaling/polishing of teeth was $72.

Dr.Kuang said that I still have to remove my right side wisdom tooth too! Both top & bottom.
Arghhh!!!


I ended my surgery at 11.20am, and now at 7.50pm the pain has almost subsided fully
and all I feel is the soreness due to the swelling & opening of my mouth during the procedure. haha!
The swelling is still visible, and doctor said that it might swell up to the size of a fishball. oh my!
So I'm currently taking my painkillers & swelling medicine to control it :)

No comments: