Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A designer a day, keeps the blues away

OK.
I am not a good 'title-namer', so, I'll just elaborate more.

I've been thinking through these few days.
If I want to create a brand of my own, a fashion style to call mine,
I would need to do lots of research first!
Mainly, researching on designers, both local and worldwide well-known, and also bloggers.

So, everyday, I'm going to research on 1 designer.
Thus the title: A designer a day, keeps the blues away.
Blues as in my worries, my problems and also the doubts.
Without those blues, I believe I can become successful(definitely not overnight, but at the very least.).

Designer #1 (My top most favourite designer!)

Alexander McQueen(R.I.P!)





Taken from Wikipedia:
Lee Alexander McQueenCBE (17 March 1969 – 11 February 2010) was a British fashion designer and couturier best known for his in-depth knowledge of bespoke British tailoring, his tendency to juxtapose strength with fragility in his collections, as well as the emotional power and raw energy of his provocative fashion shows.[2] He is also known for having worked as chief designer at Givenchy from 1996 to 2001 and for founding his own label under the nameAlexander McQueen.[2] His achievements in fashion earned him four British Designer of the Year awards (1996, 1997, 2001 and 2003), as well as the CFDA's International Designer of the Year award in 2003.[2]
5 things I like about this designer:
1) His creativity strikes me the most!
2) In the ever-growing large industry of fashion, he is willing to take the risk and create fashion
like you've never imagined.
3) He worked his way up, from a Chief Designer to being his own brand Designer! :)
4) His designs are one-of-a-kind, and it shows how much work and energy he put into it.
5) He has the willpower and motivation in him.
Some designs of his I love the most:




How he inspire me as a designer:
With his bold creativity and daring-ness, I learnt that to be unique and to stand out,
one has to have a certain style. You can follow the trend but have a distinctive feature in
your designs is important! Don't be afraid of trying out colours, prints and whatnots.
Your design may seem weird and look funny but it is what makes you stand out in the crowd.


No comments: